ALUMINUM DIE CAST PARTS
Conflict Minerals Policy
WE ARE COMMITED TO A BETTER, SAFER AND GREENER WORLD
Conflict Minerals Policy Statement
BM Castings is committed to being a socially responsible company and is opposed to human rights abuses. As part of that commitment, BM Castings seeks to source products, components and materials from companies that share our values around human rights, ethics and environmental responsibility.
In August 2012, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) adopted final rules regarding Conflict Minerals, implementing Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
These rules apply to companies who manufacture or contract to manufacture products containing “conflict minerals” that are necessary to the functionality or production of those products. “Conflict minerals” refers to tin, tantalum, tungsten, and gold (also known together as “3TG”), regardless of where they are sourced, processed or sold.
The purpose of Conflict Minerals Rules is to discourage the use of minerals that could be financing the violent conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC); minerals that are mined in that country or in any adjoining countries (Angola, Burundi, Central Africa Republic, The Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia).
Therefore, we at BM Castings are committed to the following:
• Identifying which BM Castings products are impacted and targeting our efforts accordingly
• Asking our suppliers to work towards ensuring that any Conflict Minerals contained in the products and materials supplied to BM Castings originate from Conflict Free sources. This includes not acquiring any 3TG that is mined from the Conflict Region unless they come from mines or smelters that are certified as “conflict free”
• Contributing to conflict-free trade by encouraging our suppliers not to discriminate against legitimate sources of Conflict Minerals
• Participate with our customers regarding their disclosure obligations for this topic.
• Shall BM Castings determine that a supplier has failed to develop and implement reasonable steps to comply to this policy, BM Castings reserves the right to take any actions it deems appropriate, which can include up to discontinuing the business relationship with the supplier.